Sunday, January 1, 2012

henry darger

When I was looking for yet another American artist to write about
and I leafed through my 50 American Artists You Should Know by
Debra N. Mancoff today I had honestly never heard of Henry
Darger.

But I just knew that he would be the American Artist I would write
about.

Why - you might ask?

Color.

Two of his paintings are shown in my book:


Spangled Blenkins (Kiyoko Lerner Collection)

Untitled (overall flowers) also in the KL Collection


The colors in these two paintings as bright - reds, blues
pinks, purple and others.

and well - I like bright colors.


Henry Darger was born in Chicago in 1892 and died there
in 1973.

6 comments:

  1. I have a hard time spotting Waldo in his paintings. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy - I couldn't find Waldo - but didja see the really cool young Tuskerhorian peeking out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look Ther - I'm gonna write a new post right now on my Art Blog.

    I don't have to look for Waldo.

    Anyway - if you want to find someone for me - tell me where bl is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you paint a Hamburger?

    I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rate a blog - Paint a hamburger?


    Nah.


    But come on over and I'll fix ya something to eat
    (see my post on how even a squirrel can find my house)


    But not a hamburger cause that's not good for you.

    ReplyDelete