Monday, December 19, 2011

real vs abstract art

When I started painting I only did paintings that
I call 'Real' - meaning that you can tell what you are
looking at.

More recently I am into Abstract Painting.  Except
for Real Paintings that are requested - I intend to
do a lot more Abstract Painting.  I do not have as
many examples of my Abstract Art - but I will post
as much as it as possible.  Any of the abstract
paintings that appear here my early stuff - some of
which I gave away.  Any abstract I do from now on
will have more depth - or layers.

However - the pictures that you see here of  my simple
abstract can work for childern's rooms, etc. With these
type of abstact - that don't require so much thought and
time - different colors can easily be used to go with
individual decorating.


I would like to get into doing abstract with 'texture' -
where I glue things onto the canvas and then paint over
it - to make it more interesting.     

But this is a technique I will have to develop. : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment