Monday, December 26, 2011

henry ossawa tanner

I opened my book about American artists tonight - 50 American
Artists You Should Know by Debra N. Mancoff - and  to my
surprise the page about Henery Ossawa Tanner was torn out.

I remembered that I had in fact torn it out so that I could frame
one of his paintings - because I couldn't remember which one.

So I googled Henry Ossawa Tanner.


He was born in 1859 - and died when he was 88.

But that wasn't anything unusual.

Then I saw it.

Henry Ossawa Tanner died in Paris, France - and that was good
enough for me.

He was an Artist - and he died in Paris.


But I googled his paintings because I wanted to see which one I had intended
to frame.

And I knew the instant I saw it:  The Disciples See Christ Walking on the Water - 1907.

2 comments:

  1. ...buried at Sceaux and not Montemarte. I'd have to guess that he didn't hang out with a lot of celebrities. :(

    Good stuff! you should post links or the paintings themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abso - didja know that Sceaux (acc. to google)
    is a very pretty city and the housing costs there are exhorbitant?


    After the New Year I will look into posting
    links and pictures of paintings on my Art Blog - if I can figure it out.

    At $149 an hour I don't think I will be having the Geek Squad from Best Buy back. : ]

    but i must say he did a knockout job on my art blog and all - i even took notes so that i can finish it myself


    Say - Abso - I have a nice painting that I would be willing to sell you for about that much - then I could have him back to help me set it up.


    And maybe he could put Classical Piano Music on my new blog that plays automatically like beamish's.

    ReplyDelete