Thursday, February 2, 2012

thomas hart benton

I was reading a comment by one of my most Loyal Commenters just
now - and -FJ suggested that I paint directly on the Walls of my Sunroom
Art Studio - rather on the Room Divider (see my previous Art Blog Post.)

-FJ went on to say that he got the idea for that because his Father - an artist
in his own right - did that very thing.

But Really - folks - ya can't think of painting 'on the walls' without using the
word Fresco.  And you can't use the word Fresco without sometimes
interchanging it with the word Mural.  And if the Truth were known - any
use of the words Fresco/Mural cannot happen without this Artist coming -
to mind:


THOMAS   HART    BENTON


I didn't know back then - when I would stand  - here at Indiana University -
and stare at the Thomas Hart Benton Murals.

I Didn't Know - Even Then - What Impact The Arts Would Have On My Life.

I mean I knew that music and art were a part of my life - but back then They weren't
Relevant to my life.  Boys were Relevant to my life. 

But Now I Know That Once More I Will Stand And Stare At These Murals -
Painted By Thomas Hart Benton:


IN  AWE.

and

IN ADMIRATION AND RESPECT

and

in my inherently stupid way - with tears in my eyes -

i most likely will be thinking:


THOMAS HART BENTON    -   you go girl



















and may I suggest -for a Real treat - that you click on -FJ in the comment
section of my Post (Sue Hanes) on my Art Blog and if you do that - it will
take you into a World As Yet Undiscovered - and that is the World of
-FJ's Blog - Farmers Letters - and well - Just Do It.

He's Smart - folks.

14 comments:

  1. Come on here - Abso and -FJ:

    Wasn't it Abraham Lincoln that said 'a house divided against itself cannot stand?'

    But 'you guys' are really going to start confusing me.

    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. -FJ - Today I completed one side - three panels - of the canvas room divider.

    All three of them are Abstract - and nothing complicated - I didn't spend over ten minutes on each of them.

    The first one is light green/yellow on top.

    The second one is pruple/with pink over it.

    The third one is light blue/and greyish-blue.


    I like the green/yellow one.

    And the blue/grey is ok but needs something else.


    But - -FJ - the purple/pink one is to die for.

    I'm not kidding - not because of what I did - but rather it just turned out that way. I'm really excited about it. I'll take a picutre and post it when I can - because I want you to see it.

    That's what - for me - Abstract Art is all about.

    It's about just Knowing that you are onto something. And that just maybe there is Something more than yourself that is involved in it.

    Thanks -FJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -FJ is an F'in Jerk. Don't humour him, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw - I look forward to a picture. Call me when you start on the walls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Abso - don't egg me on.

    I have a serious enough situation here without adding to the problem.

    I think I'll stick to the canvas - and let others paint on their walls - for now.

    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Start with the bathroom. That's what my Dad did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you asked that - Abso - because it's a funny thing.

    My bathroom also serves as the Guest Bathroom - which so far has only been used by one workman who was here to install the New Microwave. Unless you count assorted g-kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way - Abso - my Bathroom is very smartly decorated in Orange, Yellow and Pale Green.

    Wouldja like to come over and see it?

    Also I have a giraffe motif and an exotic bird (not a REAL bird) that I got at Hobby Lobby.

    It's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll pass, thanks. Our bathroom was filled with theatre masks, Greek gods, temples, the Parthenon, and hundreds of little Greeks...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abso- Suit yourself.

    By any chance were the little Greeks in your bathroom playing leapfrog?

    jus' wonderin'

    ReplyDelete