Tuesday, February 7, 2012

andy warhol

The Truth is - I hardly know anything about Andy Warhol - and I've
never been into his Art.

Andy Warhol is just one of those People who I knew existed in the
same World that I live in.

In her book - 50 American Artists You Should Know - Debra N. Mancoff
tells her Readers that:


~Andy Warhol was born on August 6th in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - in 1928.


At the beginning of each Article Debra Mancoff writes kind of an introductoty
sentence or two about the American Artists and this is what she says about
Andy Warhol:


Andy Warhol's absurd quips, delivered with deadpan naivete, often disguised
shrewd insights.  He claimed to like 'boring things':  popular porducts,
movie stars, and the endless repeating news cycle.  These were his icons, and
in his art they represented the common culture of a postwar, affluent America.


Besides that  - there is a small picture of him in Mancoff's book and he had - in
that particular picture - short chopped off white hair.

So in that respect I guess you could say that Andy Warhol and I have a Common
Bond.

: ]

4 comments:

  1. I suppose even Andy got his fifteen minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...then I suppose they're hope for stidh.

    Paint a soup can, stidh. Or maybe just some good ole Pork & Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abso - There's a lot of things I could paint on -but the best of all is Canvas.

    And that costs money. A scarce commodity for me these days.

    But ya know what I'm gonna do - Abso?

    I'm gonna eat a bit of Hot & Sour soup - and I'm otta here.

    And if it works out like I think it will - I'll have myself a little money.


    thanks abso

    ReplyDelete